07 Aug How an Interior Plant Service Saves You Money
Maybe you already know about the benefits of office plants but don’t think you have the time, budget, or green thumb to make it happen. What you may not know is that an interior plant service can actually save your business money in the long run.
Where the Cost Savings Come From
The benefits of greenery in the workplace are well established. However, how is it possible for an interior plant service to save money?
- For starters, improving the air quality around the office can reduce or eliminate the effects of “sick building syndrome.” Ever notice that once one or two people get sick at a business, the illness cycles through almost everyone? This is because toxins and viruses concentrate in sealed offices, causing and spreading illnesses over time. Air-cleaning plants can combat this, resulting in fewer employee call-ins and higher productivity.
- Some plants, like lilies, spider plants, and ferns, can filter chemicals from cleaning material residue or furniture right out of the air. Cleaner, fresher air has a ripple effect on the entire office—improving mood, focus, and alertness.
- Certain plants even produce essential oils that have been shown to cut down on data entry errors.
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, plants also help regulate air humidity via transpiration, a process that creates optimal humidity levels for humans. Comfortable employees are more focused and productive, and may even display better problem-solving skills.
- Promoting employee health and satisfaction through plants can help reduce employee turnover, which also saves your business money on training hours.
Where to Begin
If you’re interested in creating a healthier environment that will save you money, an interior plant service professional can discuss selecting the right greenery to improve the look, feel, and comfort level of your office. This professional can also provide plant care (and replacements, if necessary) so you have dynamic and effective plant displays all year round.
It’s easy to experience the many benefits of office plants when there are professionals who would love to lend their green thumbs. For more information, contact Plant Interscapes at 1-888-284-2257.