14 May Green Living Walls Save Tenants Money
As a property manager, it’s your responsibility to keep your tenants happy and create an environment that is inviting and fosters productivity for them and their customers.
Everything in your multi-tenant building sends a message, from the furniture to the color of the walls. There are many things you can do to transform your building in order to maintain a good tenant relationship.
Benefits of Green Living Walls
There are many benefits of live plants in Green Living Walls, including increased productivity, improved air quality, sound and temperature control, and more.
The benefits of greenery in the workplace are well established. However, how is it possible that interior plant service saves money?
- For starters, improving the air quality around the office can reduce or eliminate the effects of “sick building syndrome.” Ever notice that once one or two people get sick at a business, the illness cycles through almost everyone? This is because toxins and viruses concentrate in sealed offices, causing and spreading illnesses over time. Air-cleaning plants can combat this, resulting in fewer employee call-ins and higher productivity.
- Some plants, like lilies, spider plants, and ferns, can filter chemicals from cleaning material residue or furniture right out of the air. Cleaner, fresher air has a ripple effect on the entire office—improving mood, focus, and alertness.
- Certain plants even produce essential oils that have been shown to cut down on data entry errors.
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, plants also help regulate air humidity via transpiration, a process that creates optimal humidity levels for humans. Comfortable employees are more focused and productive, and may even display better problem-solving skills.
- Promoting employee health and satisfaction through plants can help reduce employee turnover, which also saves your business money on training hours.
- 80% of workers state that they are frequently distracted by office noise. Sound has a heavy impact on our productivity from a cognitive, psychological and behavioral standpoint that can distract and disengage employees from moments to minutes that all adds up to a costly problem. Learn more
Already have plants in your multi-tenant building? Encourage your tenants to add them to their office and experience the benefits of live plants. Green Living Walls are beautiful, innovation plant design options as well.
Ready to make an investment for your multi-tenant building, office, or hotel, and start reaping the benefits of green living walls? Contact us.
Download this guide to learn everything you need to know about Green Living Walls.