14 Apr 6 Popular Indoor Plants for Spring
Consider this list of six popular indoor plants for spring to add some freshness and life to any room:
- Lemon Tree. It’s not as difficult as you might think to grow a ponderosa lemon tree as an indoor plant. All it needs is plenty of water along with fertilizer once or twice a year. A little bit of effort can keep you in yummy fruit all summer.
- Geranium. Geraniums offer lovely flowers with great color and a pleasant fragrance. How many flowers you get will depend on how much light is available. It’s important not to overwater them and to let the soil dry out between watering.
- The Wandering Jew. This plant boasts bright purple leaves when it gets enough sun. It’s an easy indoor plant to take care of, needing as much full sunlight as possible and a moist substrate.
- Peace Lily. These air-cleansing plants are easy to maintain and only require moderate light and regular watering. Keep them away from pets though, since lilies are toxic if consumed.
- Primrose. If you’re a fan of colorful flowers, the Cape Primrose is a great indoor plant and can be found with white, pink, and even purple blossoms. It needs plenty of light for good flowering, though, and care should be taken not to overwater it.
- Spider Plant. This is another air cleaner that’s easy to maintain. Don’t let it get too cold or too dry, and as a reward, you’ll get full, lush greenery that can live almost anywhere in your home.
Just as important as the plants you choose is where you source them. Insist on a reliable vendor with a varied selection of healthy plants, as well as an array of planters. Your vendor should be able to tell you where each plant comes from and how to best care for it. For more information about indoor plants, contact Plant Interscapes at 1-888-284-2257.