20 May 5 Benefits of Interior Plants in Green Living Walls
We have been talking a lot about the many advantages of interior plants. From improving air quality and reducing office noise, which causes stress, to actually saving businesses money because of less data entry errors and fewer employee absences.
Is it all true or just hype? Seems like if having live office plants was that helpful, then we would all be surrounded by them.
It’s true. There are many studies that support interior plants in the office and home.
Then the question becomes: Do the benefits outweigh the time and effort it takes to maintain live plants?
Once again, we think yes. And it can be made easy when you hire interior plant service. Check out this case study to learn how a horticulture specialist can help you. The specialist will consider your environment and help you choose the right plants.
A Green Living Wall is a beautiful option that is very innovative and different than the traditional plant and container duo. But because live plants make up their entirety, they are just as effective for the workplace environment.
Learn how to maintain Green Living Walls
Benefits of Green Living Walls
- Therapeutic value (mental). Many types of plants are well suited for color therapy or aromatherapy. Certain scents and colors are known to trigger feelings on a subconscious level. Blues and greens are known to be calming colors. Lavender is a relaxing scent, while lemon and orange aromas improve mental function. The act of caring for a plant is also mentally healing in and of itself.
- Therapeutic value (physical). The first medicines were made from plants, and rightly so. Aloe is a succulent plant containing a gel that speeds healing and takes the pain out of burns, bites, and scrapes. Herbs like chamomile and nettle make tasty and restorative teas. Chives and their flowers are flavorful and are also high in antioxidants.
- Better sleep. Most people don’t count sound sleep as one of the typical advantages of indoor plants. However, high oxygen-emitting plants aid in falling and staying asleep, and aren’t addictive like some sleeping pills.
- Reduced illnesses and pests. Many plants remove toxins from the air that can cause colds and headaches and prevent restorative sleep. Plants can also keep insects away. In addition, acclimating children to plants at a young age can reduce their chances of developing allergies later on.
- Aesthetic appeal. Being pretty isn’t often listed as one of the advantages of indoor plants. However, being surrounded by beauty is known to make people happier.
The truth is that plants can be tremendously helpful and restorative, but you have to know what you’re doing. That means choosing the right indoor plants to meet your needs and suit your environment. It also means learning how to keep each plant alive and thriving. Interior plant service from a professional horticulture specialist is a great option for choosing the right indoor plants and maintain them. Contact Plant Interscapes to learn more about interior plant service.