25 Aug 6 Hidden Benefits of Plants in the Office
Many people have heard about the benefits of plants in the office: they filter toxins, giving us cleaner, more breathable air. This means better breathing, which leads to less stress and improved focus. However, the right office plants can do far more than this.
Here are six more benefits of plants in the office you might not be aware of, but can make all the difference:
- Human beings have a natural tie to nature and an innate desire to be outside. Having plants in the workplace provides us with the connection to nature that we subconsciously crave. Plants are also a reminder of the importance of green living, and they may encourage your employees to be environmentally conscious.
- Plants can change office acoustics, reducing the amount of time sound reverberates in a room. This means office noise levels can be reduced by up to five decibels. Reduced distraction isn’t something we’re likely to consciously notice, but it’s sure to lead to increased productivity.
- One of the best benefits of plants in the office is humidity control. Dehydration leads to discomfort, fatigue, and poor concentration. Indoor plants work to keep humidity at optimal levels, improving employee hydration and helping everyone to be more comfortable.
- Color therapists agree that most shades of green lead to feelings of well-being and relaxation. This is why live performance theaters have “green rooms” where performers relax before hitting the stage. Likewise, relaxed employees are more focused and less likely to make mistakes.
- Some varieties of plants such as citrus, lemongrass, and lavender offer subtle scents that have been shown to increase accuracy in typing and math. Fewer data entry or spreadsheet mistakes can prevent costly problems.
- Aesthetic appeal may not seem like one of the hidden benefits of plants in the office, but people don’t always appreciate the importance of visuals in an office setting. Healthy plants give the impression of a nurturing company that is adept at helping things thrive. This is reassuring for customers and even better for potential clients.
If you’re interested in accessing the benefits of plants in the office, contact Plant Interscapes today at 1-888-284-2257. We will be glad to assist you with plant selection and plant maintenance.